Pages Under this section
- Back to Previous Section
- Monasteries in Arunachal Pradesh Round Trip
- Kaziranga Safari & Brahmaputra Culture Trip
- Travel Module: City Tour of Kolkata
- Meghalaya Round Trip : The Scotland of India
- Nagaland Classical Cultural Journey
- Cultural and Natural Diversity in Northeast India
- Manipur tour with Nagaland & Assam, Northeast India
Manipur, Nagaland and Assam Round Trip, North East India
Escape the stressful everyday life of the West to the remote world of the Indian Northeast! Immerse yourself in a landscape full of unique natural wonders, traditional tea gardens and the original, cultural diversity of tribal peoples.
Feel the awe- inspiring silence inside the mighty Kangla Fort, the center of the ancient kingdom of Manipur.
Buy marvellous handicrafts from the women at the Khwairamband Bazar at the Ima Market and visit the colorful temples of ancient Hindu deities.
The stream Brahmaputra and its unique floating villages you will enjoy on a boat trip to the island of Majuli, the largest river island in the world.
At the Kaziranga National Park, one of the most beautiful national parks in India, various safaris by jeep and elephant back are awaiting you. Enjoy fantastic game and bird sightings, and experience encounters with the rare one- horned rhinoceroses in the wild.
Get yourself acquainted with the traditions and innovations of the cultivation of tea during a visit to the tea gardens of Assam and discover the facets of tribal culture of indigenous peoples when visiting their villages.
- Kaziranga National Park: Elephant safari / one- horned rhinoceroses / great ornithological diversity
- Fantastic natural landscapes around the mighty Brahmaputra
- Largest river island in the world and temple island, floating villages
- The tea worlds of Assam, modern and traditional tea cultivation
- Traditionally living local tribes and village visits, on request with folk singing and dance
- Kangla Fort, Ima Market, Hindu temple and traditions
- Colorful markets and traditional crafts
- Day 1: Arrival at Imphal Airport, Manipur (from Delhi, Kolkata or Guwahati). First sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 2: Day trip to the Loktak Lake National Park and temple visit. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 3: Day trip to the surroundings with visit to a tribal village, sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 4: Continue to Kohima, Nagaland. Sightseeing on the way. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 5: Day trip to a tribal village, sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 6: Continue to Phesachodu, on the way visit to tribal villages of the Chakesang-Nagas. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 7: Visit to further tribal villages. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 8: Continue to Tuophema in the land of the Angami Nagas, on the way sightseeing. The evening is at leisure. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 9: Continue to Mokokchung, to the land of the Ao-Nagas, through tribal areas of Rengma, Lotha and Sumi. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 10: Continue to Jorhat, Assam. First sightseeing. Overnight stay at a traditional hotel.
- Day 11: Day trip to Majuli, the world's largest river island, sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 12: Sightseeing in Jorhat, tea garden day. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 13: Continue to Mon, Nagaland. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 14: Day trip to a native village. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 15: Day trip to a tribal village. Overnight at the guest house.
- Day 16: Continue to Dibrugarh, Assam. Sightseeing on the way. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 17: Day trip to a native village, sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
- Day 18: Continue to Kaziranga National Park, Jeep-Safari. Overnight at the Lodge.
- Day 19: Elephant and jeep safari. Overnight at the Lodge.
- Day 20: Transfer to Guwahati airport, onward journey via Delhi or Kolkata.
Best Travel Period
Ideal from November to April, possibly also from October to May. The stormy monsoon prevails from June to September, this time is generally not suitable for travel to this region. Additionally the Kaziranga National Park is closed because of the flooding through the river Brahmaputra during this period of time.
- Integrate a multi-day river cruise in the air-conditioned cabin of a small cruise ship. You will enjoy culinary delights of the kitchen team, drive past the river banks, overgrown with lush green vegetation, through rolling hills and past sandbanks and wild natural landscapes. With a little luck you can even get a glimpse of the white-crowned Himalayan giants in the distance.
(+3 – 10 days)
- Visit remote, small settlements and the rarely visited Orang National Park.
- Combine this travel module according to your time window with other states in the north east of India, such as Meghalaya or Arunachal Pradesh.
- Combine our Travel Module Bhutan Crossing or our Travel Module Assam.
- Individual focus: if you are particularly interested in botany, ornithology or the country-specific culture or religion, it will be our pleasure to offer you interaction with respective experts.