Pages Under this section
- Back to Previous Section
- Monasteries in Arunachal Pradesh Round Trip
- Kaziranga Safari & Brahmaputra Culture Trip
- Travel Module: City Tour of Kolkata
- Meghalaya Round Trip : The Scotland of India
- Nagaland Classical Cultural Journey
- Cultural and Natural Diversity in Northeast India
- Manipur tour with Nagaland & Assam, Northeast India
City Tour of Kolkata (Calcutta) West Bengal
Discover with us the different faces of Kolkata, India's second largest city. Located on the banks of the mighty Hooghly river, Kolkata was founded in 1690 as a trading post of the British East India Company, and quickly became the largest colonial trade center of Asia - as well as the capital of India. With its magnificent Victorian buildings, decorative fountains, paved sidewalks and numbered lampposts it reflects European architecture and sensuality.
However, to escape the merciless summer dampness and heat in the swampy delta of the Ganges and the Brahmaputra, the capital has been moved to Delhi in 1911 - and Kolkota has been left to itself. The monumental colonial stuktures are not nearly as well preserved here as they are in Mumbai – collapsing brickwork, paint which is peeling off, and walls which are overgrown with moss dominate the sights of the historical buildings.
But the proud citizens of the 15-million-city defend enraptured the benefits of Calcutta over the other major Indian cities. Warm, helpful, charming and equipped with a sense of humor, the Bengalese love it to passionately discuss the advantages of their city. Encounter with us the people, and take a look behind the scenes of this exciting city. We are happy to advise you also on the choice of your accommodation in Kolkata.
- Kali Temple
- French Colony
- Flower Market
- Howrah Train Station & Howrah-Bridge
- With the ferry across the Hooghly River
- Part of the town where Indian statues are being manufactured
- Marble Palace
- Tram Ride
- Botanical Gardens
- Victoria Memorial & museums as per your wish
- Coffee house & college street book bazaar
- Ride in hand- drawn rickshaw
- Mother Theresa’s Home, Birla Temple or Nakoda Mosque
- Fruit Market Burabazar
- Boating on the Hooghly at sunset
Day 1 : Arrival Calcutta international airport. Transfer to your hotel. Depending on arrival time: sightseeing.
Days 2 - 3 : City tours according to your interests.
Day 4 : Transfer to the airport. Continue with an India Travel Module of your choice, for example, Assam, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Sikkim, etc.
Best Travel Period
October until May
- Incorporate a Kolkata - sightseeing at the end and / or the beginning of your India vacation.
- We integrate visits which are completely aligned with your main interests.
We are happy to adapt your visit to Calcutta exactly to your needs and to the period of your stay. Just get in touch with us!